Monday, July 24, 2017

End of Round 4 Update

Chemo round 4 is almost over. I am not going to lie. This get a bit rougher every time. Nausea and heartburn have been the big issues and for the most part they have stuck around for the entire two weeks. I am not going to complain too much as plenty of good as happened as well.

My amazing sister has to date raised 5200 dollars through a fundraising website  . She met the initial goal and will raise more by running the Silverton 1000 next month. The money is going towards paying down my 6000 out of pocket costs. Unfortunately, my insurance reset on July 1st so I will be having another 6000 added on. Thanks so much to everyone who has supported the fundraiser and for everyone who has supported me in so many other ways. The biggest positive of this whole experience so far has been discovering just the high level of generosity and kindness extending from my family, friends, community and strangers.

I've sadly been running very little but have been getting out of the house and away from the work desk. Almost everyday I try to hit at least 10000 steps through walking. Getting exercise seems to improve my appetite, fatigue, and generally makes me happier

Today I went to an integrative medicine clinic in Denver to discuss possible treatments to ease my chemo side affects and improve my quality of life. This might include acupuncture, massage, meditation, yoga, counseling, and good nutrition. In the coming weeks I will hopefully be able to explore this avenue a bit more to see what might help. Carrie has been pushing me to drink green tea and the doctor encouraged this so now I will be drinking gallons of the stuff. Oh boy. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Year: Time to Bring the Old System Back Online

Happy 2019!  In two days my intestines will be reconnected. I will hopefully be functioning somewhat like a regular person in a few short...