Tuesday, July 18, 2017

An annual comparison

Things I experienced for the first time in 2016:

1. Political caucus
2. Ran a half marathon
3. Ran a 10k
4. Climbed a fourteener
5. Climbed the highest point in Colorado
6. Ran a 5k
7. Ran a trail half marathon
8. Concert at Red Rocks
9. Disney World
10. Ran a marathon

Things I experienced for the first time in 2017:

1. President Trump
2. Prostate exam
3. Ultrasound of my sensitive parts
4. Hospital stay (not counting my newborn days)
5. CT Scan
6. Morphine
7. Cancer
8. Colon surgery/Resulting colostomy
9. Putting a dog to sleep
10. Chemotherapy


I could list more for 2017 but thought I would keep the lists equal. I'm not trying to be negative. There are some good things about 2017. We moved into our new home and love it. We discovered that we have an amazing support network of family and friends. I just hope my 2018 experience list is closer to 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Year: Time to Bring the Old System Back Online

Happy 2019!  In two days my intestines will be reconnected. I will hopefully be functioning somewhat like a regular person in a few short...