Saturday, July 15, 2017

Round 4 Update

I am currently on day 4 of round 4. Round 3 overall was fairly uneventful. I did have some extreme fatigue on day 3 and day 4.  This round the fatigue hit immediately after infusion and I have spent a large part of the past few days in bed. Today so far is slightly better but I'm sure there will be some extra sleep at some point. After Day 4 of the last round I felt normal for the next 10 days.

I did receive results from my genetic testing. All the genes that were tested came back negative for any sign of familial colon cancer. This does not entirely mean it couldn't be genetic. There is a lot out there they still don't understand. Overall, it is good news and means that only my direct relatives (parents, children, siblings) currently require a higher level of screening. All others should just mention it to their doctor to note in family history.

I don't have much more to post currently. Generally I feel good but the fatigue and nausea seem to get rougher each round. Keep an eye on the blog as I will try to post with more info besides just my updates. Thanks everyone for the love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Year: Time to Bring the Old System Back Online

Happy 2019!  In two days my intestines will be reconnected. I will hopefully be functioning somewhat like a regular person in a few short...