Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Limbo

There is a lot of waiting during all of this cancer nonsense. I wait to heal from surgery. I wait for the next surgery I wait for my next scan or blood test. I wait to get a stent out of a ureter. I wait for an infection to clear up. I wait for a traditional toilet break. I am trying not to wait for the end of this nonsense.

The truth is I am in limbo. My last path report was all clear. There may be no cancer growing inside of me. The previous path report was all clear too. There was still cancer growing inside of me. Back in June when I had two stents from the Mayo Clinic removed, I told my urologist he would never be sticking objects up my junk again. I awoke from my October surgery to discover he had indeed stuck objects up my junk again. Two weeks ago I could barely leave the couch due to a UTI that eventually landed me in the ER. This past weekend I did chores and I walked and I felt normal.

Tomorrow I will get the stent out. As I have stated in past posts there are no guarantees. I won't be ringing in bells. Instead I will do my best to enjoy feeling good. My next scans and test will eventually arrive in a few weeks and I'll deal with the results then. I can't wait for this nonsense to end when I have no idea how it will end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Year: Time to Bring the Old System Back Online

Happy 2019!  In two days my intestines will be reconnected. I will hopefully be functioning somewhat like a regular person in a few short...