Monday, August 28, 2017

Round 7

I am currently in the middle of Round 7 of my 12 chemo treatments. I am starting to fantasize about life after chemo. I don't know what will happen at that point. I may not be done with it all and even if I am I still have a big surgery in the pipeline. Regardless, I am just going to look forward to the end of chemo. I don't like chemo. The fatigue and nausea were worst this round and seem to be lingering a little longer. I'm still doing pretty well over all but I don't if I mentioned that I really don't like chemo. I recognize that it may be the difference between a long normal life and a lot of suffering but I can still hate chemo.

On a more positive note I love colonoscopies! Okay that statement is not exactly true. The preparation is no fun but I swear it's a lot better than chemo. Did I mention chemo and how I do not care for it? Anyway, I had my first full colonoscopy two weeks ago and the rest of my colon is clean as a whistle. This is great news and very relieving to know I only have to fight one spot. I've had to resist the urge to tell strangers on the street just how clean my colon is.

Life is moving forward quickly as usual. The kids are back in school. Cale has started high school. Maya and Aden are traversing the perils of middle school. So far all is going well. Carrie has gone back to work and is close to full time hours. It really means so much to us that everyone is willing to help with meals and help with my treatment transport during our busy times.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. The support I have received during this time has been amazing. My family, my friends, strangers, doctors, nurses have all been kind, generous and instrumental in making the process a lot easier. Yes I hate the chemo and I can't wait to be done but I will never forgot all that has been done for us this year. Thanks all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A New Year: Time to Bring the Old System Back Online

Happy 2019!  In two days my intestines will be reconnected. I will hopefully be functioning somewhat like a regular person in a few short...